top of page


Enjoy Your Visit to Canada

What You’ll Need

If you’re planning to visit Canada as a tourist, you will have to apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV).

What's the difference?

An eTA is an entry requirement for foreign nationals who are visa-exempt and are travelling to Canada by air.

The eTA is valid for up to 5 years or until your passport expires.  A TRV is required for foreign nationals who are from visa-required countries.

Image by Andrew Ly

How to Apply for an eTA

Applying for an eTA is a simple online process. However, make sure you only apply on the official Government of Canada website. There are many fake websites that charge you additional service fees.


Apply for an eTA 

By visiting the Government of Canada eTA web page.

 What to Expect 

Once the eTA is approved, it will be linked directly to the passport you used to apply.

 Having trouble getting your travel authorization? 

Contact RB MIGRATION PATHWAYS and we’ll be happy to help you out.

Visitor Visas

If you’re planning to visit Canada as a tourist, you will have to apply for an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) or a Visitor Visa.

 Do You Need a Visitor Visa? 

Some visitors do not need a Visitor Visa. Find out if you need a Visitor Visa here.





  • What are biometrics?
    Biometrics are biological measurements used for identification. Submitting biometrics includes giving fingerprints and facial measurements to law enforcement agents for security reasons.
  • Do I need to give biometrics?
    You may need to give biometrics depending on the country you’re coming from and the type of permit you’re applying for. Find out if you’re required to give biometrics through the following link.
bottom of page