top of page


Work and travel in Canada International Experience Canada  (IEC) 

If you're 18 to 35 (18 to 30 in some countries), come work and travel in Canada through International Experience Canada (IEC)!

It's a government program designed to help you

gain valuable international work experience 

improve your language skills in English and French 

work in Canada and fund the trip of a lifetime 

There are 3 different kinds of work and travel experiences available:

Working Holiday

This category is for you if

you don’t have a job offer 

you want to work for more than one employer in Canada 

you want to work in more than one location 

you’d like to earn some money so that you can travel 

Young Professionals

This category is for you if

you have a job offer in Canada that counts toward your professional development

you’ll work for the same employer in the same location during your stay in Canada

Under this category, work must be


not self-employed

The type of work permit you get in the Young Professionals category is an employer-specific work permit.

Your employer must meet all labour laws in the province or territory where you plan to work, including minimum wage requirements.

International Co-op (Internship)

If you’re a citizen of a partner country, you may be able to apply to one or more of these 3 categories.

If you aren’t a citizen of a partner country, you may still be able to apply to IEC through a recognized organization.

IEC Walkthrough Guide

Watch this video for an overview of the International Experience Canada application process

and common mistakes to avoid along the way.

bottom of page